At Financial Protection Consultants, we take great pride in providing our clients with professional service. Meeting the individual needs of our clients is our primary objective. To ensure that every client is treated in a fair and ethical manner, we have made the following promise through our Client Bill of Rights. Rooted in this philosophy is the fact that every Financial Protection Consultants client has both important rights and responsibilities.
CLIENT BILL OF RIGHTS
- You have the right to courteous service – from your advisor/agent and all other associates of our firm.
- You have the right to select and work with a trustworthy, independent advisor/agent who is professionally competent, personally dedicated, and who communicates with you on a regular basis about your account. You may request information about your advisor, and you may contact your state insurance agency for verification.
- You have the right to expect recommendations based solely upon your unique needs and goals, consistent with the objective of enhancing your financial well-being. While the performance of investments may not meet your expectations and markets can under-perform their historical averages, recommendations should be based upon the goal of attaining superior performance and/or safety in light of the facts known at the time of your transaction.
- You have the right to open, consistent communication and to have information presented in clear and understandable terms.
- You have the right to reasonable, achievable projections of results, understanding that many unforeseen factors can impede expectations.
- You have the right to reasonable alternatives based on your individual objectives and presented with full disclosure of risks and benefits.
- You have the right to know all costs and commissions, if any, associated with any insurance or financial product.
- You have the right to have any errors corrected fully and any complaints addressed promptly.
- You have the right to strict confidentiality, complete discretion and full protection of your personal and financial information. We do not sell your information to anyone. Financial Protection Consultants only provides information to external organizations when required by law or regulation or when necessary to provide the services you have requested.
- You have the responsibility to share your current financial situation, needs and objectives, as well as changes in your financial and personal circumstances, with your advisor/agent so that appropriate recommendations can be made. You should make time to meet with your advisor/agent on a regular basis, at least annually, to review and revise your plan as needed based upon changing circumstances.
- You have the responsibility to review all statements in their entirety, ensuring that your instructions were carried out as expected and reporting any errors to your advisor/agent. Ask for clarification of anything you do not understand.
- You have the responsibility to read all documents fully, ensuring that you understand all risks and costs; and that you ask for any necessary clarification prior to making a purchase.
- You have the responsibility to seek the advice of a tax professional, CPA or attorney, as appropriate. Retirement planning inherently involves potential tax and legal implications, which advisors/agents may be generally familiar. However, Financial Protection Consultants advisors/agents do not practice as lawyers or CPAs and cannot give specific legal or tax advice.
- You have the responsibility to protect your Financial Protection Consultants information, including statements, login names and account passwords, in order to ensure the security of your financial and personal data. Financial Protection Consultants associates will not ask you for your password, and you should not give this information to anyone you do not want to have access to your account.
- You have the responsibility to maintain accessible records of financial plans, including the investments and insurance products you have purchased and the rationale for purchase, to a family member or other trusted individual. We recommend you prepare an annual balance sheet detailing all of your assets/liabilities, including their locations.
CONSUMER PROTECTION NOTICE
Financial Protection Consultants recommends that you contact your State insurance regulator to check out every agent, producer and insurance carrier before making any purchase decision. State regulators exist to protect consumers. Quality financial service providers, such as FPC, are proud of their record of educating and servicing their clients.
Missouri Dept. of Insurance (573) 751-3518 Agent/Agency Search
Illinois Dept. of Insurance Consumer Info